If a new home is on your dream list, having Marilyn as your buyers agent can be invaluable. Remember, the sales agent (or hostess) in the sales office is working for the builder, not you! While generally very helpful and knowledgable about their products, they cannot help you compare the reputations, options, inclusions, features, neighborhoods and financing terms offered by their competitors.
Most new home builders realize that qualified buyers want their own representation (me!) and nearly all of them will pay my real estate fee IN FULL, so you have representation at absolutely no cost to you!
Marilyn has been an Buyers Agent on 100's of new home purchases,
In order for Marilyn to represent you at no cost to you, she generally must accompany you on your first visit to the new home site. There are a few exceptions to this rule, so please contact her prior to "new home hunting". Once you have spent time with the on-site person without her, her options to help you become increasingly limited!
TEN REASONS YOU NEED Marilyn Allen as your Buyer's Agent
when buying new home construction---
1. With more than 20 years experience, she knows which builders have good reputations and staying power. She hears about those who deliver a shoddy product and generally those who are financially struggling.
2. Marilyn can often negotiate a better price and terms than you could on your own. She negotiates more real estate transactions in a month than most buyers and sellers do in their entire lives!
3. Marilyn can help you compare builders, their products and value-for-dollar.
4. Marilyn may be able to find you a recently completed resale home offering the features you want but at a discounted price.
5. Marilyn can assist you with financing other than that provided by the builder. Oftentimes, the builder's financing package is not the best fit for you. If it is, she can point that out as well.
6. Marilyn can educate you so that you make the best decisions possible about your new home.
7. Options? Marilyn can advise you about the best choices for resale. Are the builders costs fair, or can you save money by going to her outside (often wholesale) sources?
8. Marilyn can help you evaluate past and future appreciation in the neighborhoods you are considering. She has access to all MLS statics.
9. Builder contracts, unlike the "Real Estate Commission Approved Contracts" used in resale, are written by the builders attorneys to represent their own interests only. Marilyn can explain your risks, and often, get phrases deleted that are particularly harmful to you.
10. Marilyn knows which builder's fees are customary and fair, and while are purely added profit. She will let you know which builders are "dumping" excess fees on their buyers.